Developed in China, Acupuncture is a therapeutic tool that is becoming more commonly used as an adjunct to other treatment models such as Podiatry, Physiotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
It is particularly useful for Podiatrists when treating common conditions of the foot and lower limb associated with Musculo-Skeletal disorders (MSK), Neurological Disorders, and Circulatory Disorders.
Medical Acupuncture when used by a Podiatrist involves the insertion super fine needles into the feet and lower legs, it is an adaptation of Chinese Acupuncture using the clinician’s advanced knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
The needles help to stimulate local healing, analgesia and muscle relaxation due to increased blood flow to the area undergoing treatment.
Medical Acupuncture can be used effectively as a standalone treatment or in conjunction with other modalities.
There are a large number of conditions that Acupuncture can help to treat and some of those including (but not limited to):
• Osteoarthritis pain in the knee, ankle or toe joints
• Plantar fasciitis pain or general heel pain
• Hallux Limitus
• Hallux Rigidus
• Moretons Neuroma
• Achilles tendon pain
• Diabetic neuropathic pain (a burning sensation in the toes or feet)
• Oedema (swelling) of the ankles
• Recovery of sprain related injuries
• Excessive sweating of the feet
• Treatment of cold feet including Raynauds Disease/Syndrome
• Assisting the reduction of scar tissue
• General Foot Achy Feet
To get in touch or ask a quick question please fill in the form below